Custom Direct uses first-rate materials and technology to provide the finest performing windows in the industry. As home and business owners ourselves, we understand the importance of beauty, lasting quality and value for your investment. Proud of our product and reputation, we stand behind all of our products with a performance warranty.
Every window we manufacture is covered from defects with our limited warranty.
- 2o years limited warranty on extruded vinyl
- 10 years limited warranty on painted PVC windows
- 10 years limited warranty on sealed units
PROCEDURE AND CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY REMEDY
In the event that Custom Direct’s obligation under this Warranty is sought, the
purchaser must notify Custom Direct Head Office in writing. Such notification must contain the following:
- A copy of the sales agreement and completion certificate.
- A brief description of the defect for which warranty is requested.
Custom Direct’s liability hereunder is limited solely and exclusively to repair, replacement, or cash equivalent, F.O.B Custom Direct Office, at the option of Custom Direct, of the defective Custom Direct window product and under no circumstance will Custom Direct be liable for any labour or installation costs after 12 months from the original installation date.
Should the purchaser require Custom Direct to provide the labour to
install replacement parts, this labour will be billed to the Purchaser at then
current labour rates. Custom Direct will not provide replacement parts until it
has received payment for the said labour costs.
Custom Direct, all vinyl, replacement windows are warranted by the manufacturer to the original Purchaser against defects in material and workmanship, as specified under thps Warranty, occurring as direct result of manufacturing process, for the following window parts and components during the stated time period, under normal use and services, subject to the terms and conditions
contained in this Warranty.
LIFETIME WARRANTY ON VINYL FRAME AND VINYL SASH MEMBERS
Custom Direct windows are warranted against such defects in material and workmanship that might result in blistering, peeling, flaking, corroding and fading of the window frame or sash members for as long as the originalwindow Purchaser owns and resides in the house in which the window was installed.
This lifetime Warranty on the Vinyl frame and Vinyl sash members shall remain in effect only if normal cleaning are followed periodically.
This Warranty shall be null and void if harmful solvents are used to clean the Vinyl frame and/or sash members, or if the frame and/or sash are painted or coated in any way and does not cover normal fading due to pollutants and normal atmospheric, conditions.
LIFETIME WARRANTY ON INSULATION GLASS
Custom Direct warrants that under normal conditions there will not be an
obvious obstruction of vision which is the result of film formation or dust collection between the interior glass surfaces for as long as the original purchaser owns and resides in the house which the window was installed.
LIFETIME WARRANTY ON HARDWARE
Factory installation hardware is Warranted against defects in material for as long as the original purchawer owns and resides in the house in which the window was installed.
WARRANTY ON FINISHED PRODUCTS NOT MANUFACTURED BY CUSTOM DIRECT
Finished products sold, but not manufactured by Custom Direct are covered by their own manufacturers warranty, which will be supplied to the Purchaser on request.
Custom Direct will not be responsible for implied warranties, including those of fitness for a particular purpose and merchantability. This Warranty is applicable to the windows of Custom Direct industries and is granted in lieu of any warranties otherwise implied by law or equity and no such warranties shall apply to Custom Direct Industries Warranty. No representative of Custom Direct or its distributors or contractors is authorized to make any change in or modification to this warranty. This warranty is not transferable by the original purchaser to subsequent owner of the property.
1. PRODUCE USE
This Warranty applies only in respect of products used strictly for purpose for which they are intended.
2. WARRANTY LIMITATIONS
Under no circumstances will Custom Direct Industries be liable do incidental or consequential charges such as, but not limited to, labour costs for any purpose, inconvenience, damage or injury to persons or to property, loss of time, loss if use of any component or product or any other expense
3. REPLACEMENT PARTS OR REPAIRS
Custom Direct Industries reserves the right to discontinue or change any Custom Direct Industries windows as currently manu- factured. If Custom Direct determines to make a replacement under the terms of this Warranty and an exact replacement part is
not available, Custom Direct industries reserves the right to
substitute a part or parts or equal quality at its sole option.
EXCLUSIONS FROM LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE
The following are excluded from coverage under this warranty:
- Any insulated glass which is being glazed into an existing window, as Custom Direct can control the equality of the original frame, sash glazing components or conditions.
- Any damage to the window or components of the windows caused by settlement or structural defects of the building in which they are installed.
- Any damages caused by wind, hail. lightning or other acts of God, intentional acts, accidents, negligence or exposure to harmful chemicals or pollutants.
- Broken glass or torn screening from any cause whatsoever.
- Damage caused by improper handling or installing, if the installation was done by any person other than the duly authorized Custom Direct representative.
- Any window which has been repaired or modified or attempted to have been repaired or modified by any person other than duly authorized representative of Custom Direct Industries.
- Condensation on windows, which may occur as the natural result of humidity within the house or building are and changes in outside/inside temperature.
- Window sizes that do not fall within the minimum and maximum dimensions of Custom Direct standard product offering, as published, but manufactured pursuant to custom request.